The Cowboy Wild West Party

What a day! 
J had his 7th birthday party...
He wanted a Toy story party, so we ended up with this.
Lovely weather, great company, plenty of noise and a house inspection afterwards, very busy but I managed to get more photos this time, except of the food table...there was a stampede!

Party Boys.

INVITES
The invite I made in Photoshop (see here).



 THE DECORATIONS
Horse parking made from cardboard box and rope.
 Calico, hessian, scrap fabric on rope bunting.

Wooden saw horse (ply, rope, scrap decking boards).

"No the dog is not going to play horse roping with you H!"

Carboard cactus sponge painted with spaghetti prickles.

The birthday Boy.

The BIG little brother.

Straw bale and sign on ute out the front. 
Horse shoe on front gate.

Toy hobby horse with bandanna and feed bag made out of a brown lunch bag.
The sheriff play house made out of a fridge box.

Wild West sign. 
I made bandannas for all the kids to wear (a triangle of cotton fabric).

Poster made in Photoshop.

Tee pee tent and straw bales in backyard.
(more about the Teepee tent here)

The Two Woodys and one Villian.


THE PARTY TABLE

White table cloth with red hessian runner. 
Lanterns from IKEA. 
Cups covered in cow print contact paper. 
Brown lunch bags with string and sheriff badges.

Wanted printout from Bookmaking with kids.
I asked the children to draw themselves as a Toy Story character whilst we got the lunch out on the table. 
This was H as Woody (he tried to draw the hat!)




PARTY FOOD 
Hessian on table with brown paper runner. Pie plates for bowls.
 Menu in wooden photo frame.
Menu was made in Photoshop.


Bunting made from hessian and black paint.
Mini waffle cones filled with biscuit cake balls and covered in white choc.

Star fruit sticks and quiches were a hit.
The three little ones had a table to themselves.


White chocolate mud cake with maltesers for the birthday cake.
lemon curd cupcakes with italian meringue icing.
Star cookies with fondant icing.
Wagon wheels and strawberry jelly cups.
We also had sticky pork ribs, flat bread roll ups, roast beef on baguette toasts amongst other things.

Mini cookies and cream ice cream with mini oreos in IKEA cups (from the childrens' department).
Square dancing smiling kiddies, which leads me to...

THE GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
Music from itunes- 
was used for the duration, for background music, musical statues, for square dancing (which was so much fun), for musical chairs and pass the potato head (my version of pass the parcel where each time the music stops you have to remove a piece of Mr Potato head).
I also made a Toy Story Bingo to play at the table whilst we got the food table ready.

We played bullseye magnetic darts (whiteboard with crayon markings) 
and lassoo games, but 
most of the time the children wanted to play in the cardboard boxes, the saloon and ...

Jail

The claw game was popular too. 
We made this out of a box and cellophane and filled with little gifts of a mini Toy Story character and Toy Story lolly. 
We had a claw which each child used to grab for a prize.

It seems this was a winner of a party from the feedback so far, good fun for both parents and children.

PS : This was a GUN FREE cowboy party and it was so much better that way!



13 comments:

  1. Awesome! Well done, Tasha. What an outstanding party! I have been waiting all day for the pics. I cannot believe how many ideas you had for decorations and games - it all looks wonderful. I especially love the wild west sign and the lunch menu you designed, the food looked so delicious. J must have been a very happy birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Margaret . I love all the parties and so do J and H, it would be great to organise them all the time if funds would allow. Maybe fundraising parties for kids charities??? There's an idea! Everyone loves a party, it puts smiles on faces and takes cares away (for a few hours at least).

    ReplyDelete
  3. oH My God!! Its incredibly nice!!! All this for a birthday party!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super cute and creative party. I would love to feature this party on my blog.
    http://www.simplyiced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling party!
    Where are the cow print cups from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I bought the white paper cups and covered them(didn't have many to do) in cow print contact paper/drawer liner that I had in my stash. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabulous 'Cowboy' birthday party! I took upon some of your ideas forthcoming for my twins' 5th birthday party later in the Fall at a horse stable. I'm super excited! Now, I have to shop at Ikea store to get those cute mini cups to put in cookies n' cream! We have gone onto many birthday parties in the past with cupcakes or cake. This one would be super cute! The other favorite of mine is how you created a cow cup with contact papers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this who set up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, nice work. I was wondering, if you would be willing to share, where you got your images to create the invite? I love it and would like to make something similar for my sons invite. If you would be willing to share where I could find them my email address is jcurlygirl@hotmail.com. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry I don't have the original photo I used, I think it was on a toy box or book or from Disneyland??? not sure now, however the poster from Disneyland will be on the net somewhere to get ideas from. I did the adjusting in Photoshop to change colours etc. Hope that helps, have a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Party ! from Charlie 7 years old, I liked the racing car

    ReplyDelete