We Heart Junior Masterchef


When we saw those wonderfully talented, very young children on Junior Masterchef make these  Florentine Tartlets with Frangipane, well that was it, we had to try them ourselves.

That is what we did today, in between swims and wagon rides around the block.

They are delish!

I made a few changes...
1. It was way too humid to rub the butter in as per recipe, so I decided to use the Kitchenaid Sablee Pastry recipe instead, which is very tasty.
2. I had no honey in the cupboard to bind the florentine topping, so I used a small amount of treacle in its place and it was fine.
3. I used spelt plain flower for the pastry and it worked well.

I would make mini ones next time, as they are very large portions, very filling.
These would make lovely christmas treats after a dinner party.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Why don't you come live next door to us. I will be your taste tester! And you are so lucky to be swimming! The weather is starting to warm up here, but I think it will be a few more weeks before we can jump in the pool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be a good idea! We could do bake swaps and sewing mornings and play dates and birthday parties...the list goes on and on. Hopefully we can at least come and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete