My First Quilt - Finished

Overall I am happy with it.
I used a mixture of fabrics, all cotton and some organic bamboo mixes. Some were new tea towels I had purchased over the years, others samples of bamboo fabrics. 
I used natural cotton quilting thread and a pre cut single bed size piece of batting. The backing is a white cotton single flat sheet.
The binding was made from 3 inch wide scraps of the quilt, which I finished off by hand sewing the back...
 
Wow this took a while!
The corners, I attempted to mitre, but they are less than perfect. This is the best one...

I like the colours and it feels nice, so I would say it was a good first attempt!
I think I will wait a few months to do the next one for H...a lime green and chocolate coloured one I think!
I can't wait to see Margaret's quilt, it is going to be super!

3 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful. I am really impressed by your hand stitching and your mitred corner looks great. I am glad you enjoyed making your first quilt, you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great in J's room, well done. What have you started Margaret ?? D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out lovely, I am drawn to the soft colors and homey fabrics. Makes me want to curl up next to a fire with your quilt and a good book :)

    ReplyDelete