My First Quilt - Machine Quilting

Wow, the walking foot certainly does make a difference (on my cheap as chips sewing machine) and I am now finished (well I think finished).

I made the binding from scraps and I am hand sewing it on as we speak. If I don't get this finished quickly it won't get done at all, so I am racing ahead of schedule.
I used this tutorial from Oh Fransson for making the binding and attaching it. It has great tips for beginners, but I still managed to mess up the corners! Better luck on quilt number two. Too much rushing me thinks, lots to do, but more on that later.
Hopefully some photos of the finished quilt in a day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I can't wait to see it finished. I am so impressed you MADE your own binding. I definitely won't be doing that as I really detest ironing. As for mitred corners... very tricky... I will cross that bridge when I come to it! You have done so well. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete