Reversible Wrap Skirt

 My first skirt! Ok it is a simple wrap skirt, but I am quite pleased with it. I just hope it fits the little girl I made it for.
 I used a few tutorials and mixed them up. This one to get the measurements/pattern made and this one for some of the sewing. 
I wanted reversible so I stitched two skirts together, which actually saves on hemming, Hooray (I don't have an overlocker).
I made the waist band ribbon from the same red fabric used on the skirt.
You could put a little pocket on the front or back or make a patchwork front panel or even applique and embroidery if you wanted.
I like these colours together for all seasons, but with some tights and a warm top it will be good for right now.
Now I have done a mini version, I can make one for myself.

Comments

  1. I love this skirt! The colours are great and I love the gingham and especially the red ribbon. Very impressed you made the ribbon! (I don't have the patience for fiddly things like making ribbon or bias binding). Well done. Now you really must make one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts